Kundalini is the governing source of energy within the body. It is also the greatest potential energy that can be unlocked to allow a person to awaken and transcend to a higher level of consciousness. It is this incredible energy that can be overwhelming, especially if the person does not understand what is happening to them.
Who is experiencing Kundalini?
Natural Kundalini awakening occurs in approximately 1% of the population. In Calgary alone this means that around 12,000 people are experiencing kundalini awakening right now. These are people who are ready on some level to shed an aspect of their ego and reveal a higher level of consciousness and personal understanding. In order to undergo this type of powerful transformation there can be very dramatic physical, emotional and neurological changes. At times during this process the person may feel like they are having a nervous breakdown. In essence this is true as the mind is undergoing a major paradigm shift and there is a rewiring of the nervous system. Unfortunately, western medicine has limited knowledge regarding Kundalini energy and its effects on the body and mind and so “treatment” of the Kundalini symptoms through medication and/or psychological therapies have little effect.
Signs and Symptoms of Kundalini energy.
There are numerous symptoms of a natural Kundalini awakening. Listed below are some of the more common experiences:
- Involuntary shaking, jerking, sensation of electricity pulsating throughout the body;
- Sudden tipping back of the head, arching of the body, tingling sensation in left leg and foot;
- Uncontrollable outbursts of emotion such as crying, laughing, sighing;
- Intense changes in body temperature and cold perspiration;
- Increase in sensory awareness and heightened sensitivity;
- Mind racing, mind very still, or alternating back and forth;
- Sensation of snakes slithering all over the back and spine;
- Panic attacks, insomnia, feelings of overwhelm, fear of insanity;
- Heightened emotions from fear, anxiety, guilt to depression;
- Thyroid imbalances and malfunction;
- Dark Night of the soul – an aspect of the false ego being destroyed;
- Exaggeration of any prior medical conditions or diseases;
- Extreme fatigue to the point that the person cannot get out of bed for days or weeks;
- Euphoric feelings and calmness of the mind and body.
Kundalini and the nervous system.
Kundalini has its greatest effect on the nervous system. The nervous system in turn governs the meridians, chakras, endocrines, organs, tissues and all cells of the body.
Understanding Kundalini energy.
What needs to be understood is that Kundalini awakening is a natural process and so the symptoms that are being experienced are manifesting due to blockages or imbalances that are being amplified by the Kundalini energy attempting to pass through.
BodyTalk and Kundalini energy.
BodyTalk understands that Kundalini awakening is something that cannot be altered or stopped. It honours that this experience is what is meant to unfold for that particular individual. However, BodyTalk has specific techniques to assist with the release of the blockages that are creating the intense symptoms in the person. Also, a BodyTalk practitioner trained in this area can also provide much needed understanding and resources so the individual does not feel alone or helpless during this time of transition.
(Mini bio: Cheryl Ramsay is an Advanced Certified BodyTalk Practitioner who has specific training in the BodyTalk Eastern Medicine which encompasses the aspects of Kundalini energy. She also has personal experience with natural Kundalini awakening and as such can help shed light to people who are experiencing this transcending pathway.